(1) prefer to do
例：I prefer to stay at school.
(2) prefer doing
例：I prefer playing football.
(3) prefer sb to do
例：Would you prefer me to stay?
(4) prefer to do rather than do 宁愿做……而不愿.….
例：I prefer to travel by car rather than fly.
(5) prefer doing to doing
例：I prefer watching football to playing it.
(6) prefer sth to sth
例：I prefer juice to tea.
would rather 句型：
(1) would rather do than do 宁愿做……而不愿做……
例：She would rather die than turn against his motherland.
(2) would rather （not）have done teacheray.com 宁愿做过(没做过)某事
例：I would rather have taken his advice.
(3) would rather sb had done sth 宁愿某人过去做过某事(对过去的虚拟)
例：I would rather I had taken his advice last week.
(4) would rather sb did sth 宁愿某人现在或将来做某事(对现在或将来的虚拟)
例： Who would you rather went with you?